Sunday, May 1, 2011

Skull week


The skull was the lesson of this week. It was really interesting to finally learn about this part of the body and I actually found it excited because I have been looking forward to being able to add a head to the bodies I have been drawing all semester. So I think this week finally marks the end of my headless sketches!

Back View

Profile
First off this week has me realizing that the skull is not easy to draw. I guess I didn’t realize there were so many landmarks to look for when drawing the skull. Drawing the back of the head is especially difficult I found. It almost starts to look more like a helmet. I think I also found myself having a greater amount of difficulty because I started drawing the back straight on which was something more advanced students do. So, eventually that is something I can attempt but for now the ¾ view is definitely what I am going to stick to. I think it allows me to see the space better and also see where the lines move from a front plane to a side. In general though I hope that I will be able to better understand the skull as we continue working on our skills and moving into the facial features in the next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment