Sunday, April 17, 2011

HANDS!


Drawing of hand based off the Skelton

Unfortunately I had a short week this week. I was not feeling well on Tuesday so I did not attend class. From what I heard though class was interesting that day as Amy taught the class how we should be drawing. Apparently we need to focus more on using our whole arm to draw versus our wrists. So this makes me think of how I was taught to paint. However, I think it will be something I need to get use to as I have been so use to drawing my way for as long as i can remember. 

On Thursday I was thrilled because we finally learned how to draw the hands. I must say I find that the hand are really difficult. Drawing from the skeleton was ok because I basically got to draw what I saw but things changed once I got to the actual model. Part of the problem with my model drawing was I would realize once it was too late that the pose was constantly changing on me. I think it was difficult for my model to keep their hand in the chosen position because their hand was falling asleep and there was nothing to indicate where their hand was. So, I would love to attempt to draw from an actual model again. I feel like if I got a better pose I might be able to focus on the hand drawing more then fixing the fingers that kept moving. I do think that i like drawing the hands though. I like being able to take time to focus on them just like when we did the feet. I do need lots of work on them yet though. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that is was frustrating that the model kept moving her hand. I think she was trying to get us an interesting angle, not thinking about the blood flow. :)
    I do agree that hands are difficult to say the least. I am looking forward to drawing this week and maybe we will get another shot at the hands.

    ReplyDelete