Sunday, April 3, 2011

Getting antsy to learn more!


Hi again,

Life drawing this week was focused greatly on the drawing portion of class. Over the past couple weeks we have not gotten to draw as much due to different conflicts that had come in the way so it was nice to be able to take a lot of time to focus on that portion of the class.
1 minute gesture drawings
Personally I was grateful for this time because I started to notice that I think I am getting quicker with my gesture drawings.  I find that I am not fussing with little things slowing me down as much anymore. So, I think I was most proud about that accomplishment this week because I really have been trying to quicken my pace.  I also am glad that we got to do several longer poses as well. On Thursday we even did our longest pose yet as we drew for almost 2 hours! I liked doing longest poses best but I am not as proud of this drawing as I have been with others. I think that my legs start looking a little awkward in the drawing, but I think part of it is the angle I was at too. So hopefully I will feel better about my next long pose. I do think I did a decent job with the muscles in his arm. The pose really allowed me to see the muscles along the underside of his arms so it was a little bit easier to represent then some of the other more hidden muscles.

2 hour pose
I can’t wait to learn more in the upcoming weeks. I’m getting particularly excited to learn about drawing the hands. It seems like in every pose I have I just stop at the wrists because when I attempt drawing that hands they don’t look right at all. In general though I can’t wait to see complete figure in my drawings, so i guess you could say i'm getting a little antsy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment