Sunday, March 27, 2011

Time for the Shoulders


This week’s lesson focused on adding the shoulders to our drawings. I discovered that adding the shoulders was rather difficult at first in our gesture drawings. I found myself struggling just to get to the shoulders in our quicker sketches.  Which makes me realize I still need to quicken my pace in my gesture drawings. If I can do this maybe I can actually get my shoulder blades in more easily before in less then two minutes. I do think things are getting better with my gesture drawings though. I noticed that I wasn’t getting stumped on some of the things I was before spring break. Which is a good sign.

Some of the things I found difficult about the shoulders in even the longer poses were seeing such things as the shoulder blades. If the light didn’t hit them just right or the arm was in a position that didn’t make them stick out they were actually rather difficult to find. So in my longer pose I kind of struggled with that but Amy helped me find where they should be. So I think that helped me visualize what I should be looking for. Hopefully with time I will be able to just know where they should be even if I can’t see them very good.

So for this week I decided I would post picture of images I found online dealing with the shoulder. I think by seeing more of these images it will help me when I return to class on Tuesday. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the gesture drawings. I had a VERY difficult time trying to get everything drawn on the page before the beeper went off. It was almost stressful. I think that I will have to focus more on the speed versus so much time on accuracy. I know I should be focusing on both, but as you said, it is difficult. I do also think that the light has to be JUST right in order to get the shoulder blades correct. It might have been because Laura's shoulders were not at predominant as Matt's? We will find out this week I guess.

    ReplyDelete