Sunday, March 20, 2011

Foot Week & Spring Break!



Hi again!

Wow, I cannot believe that we are already done with spring break! I think I was certainly at that point of the semester where I needed a little time off from school. It was also nice to be home for more then a few days so that I could spend sometime with my family. I also enjoyed the beautiful weather and found myself completely inspired by surrounding so I took MANY pictures.

As for class before spring break we started learning to draw the foot. I found the foot to be challenging but at the same time I really enjoy drawing feet. I oddly I found that drawing the toes and the bottom side of the foot were my favorite. I guess when it comes to drawing the foot I think it really has its own character. For instance no toe is the same. Some toes are bent while others are straight and some are even hiding behind other toes. I think its is also interesting to think of all the bones and muscles that are in such a small area that together create what we see as the foot. I also think that learning about these bones and muscles really helped me to visualize what I needed to be looking for as I started drawing the foot on this first day. 

Until Next Week, 
Ashley


1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had a great break. I agree with you when you said that each toe was different. That is so true and to properly get that across on the paper is difficult. It is hard to make the toes look more than a sausage link, but at the same time each toe has those kind of characteristics and I thought the best way (for myself) to draw was to use a lot of contour drawing. I can also agree with you on if I had to draw the foot, I think the bottom "foot print" would be where I would prefer to draw.

    ReplyDelete