Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oh those arms

This week was another short week. We had advisement day on Tuesday so we didn’t get to nearly as much as we have in other weeks. What I did discover this week is that I still have a lot of improvement I would like to see in myself. I feel like the end of the semester is creeping up on us and I would like to accomplish so much in that time.

This week we continued working on the arms only now we a started working on the lower arms. I discovered that there is a lot of change that can occur just by the changing position which you see the arm. For instance the when you see your arm facing palms up (Supine) versus palms down (Prone) this can completely change how you view the bone structure. Its also interesting to not all of the muscles which we have started building. We started adding some of the extensors and its amazing how some of these muscles as tiny as they are can do so much as help us to move our fingers.

Long pose of the week. 
As I said I want to accomplish a lot. Since I have realized im starting to get the time factor down in gesture drawings I also discovered I need to be adding more things to my gesture drawings such as some of the different muscles we see. So this will slow me down again but I really do need to have a better understanding of where some of the muscles are so it’s going to be a good slow down. Even in the longer poses I am finding some of the muscles to be a challenge for me. I think I need to have a “date” with Eduardo to just observe his muscles again because I think I need to spend more time studying them outside of class. Im really hoping that I can get so much of what I want to do accomplished by the end of the semester. Its seems crazy that there is really just a little more then a moth left and we are done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment