Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 5 time to recap and move forward

Note of the
Frontal view of Pelvis
As a result of a short week last week this week started off recapping some of the things we learned. Which was really good in my case as i couldn't exactly remember how to draw some of the angles of the pelvis. Fortunately i think i'm starting to get it now. The area i was having most difficulty with was understanding how to draw the front view of the pelvis. However now i understand which points i need to look for and things are looking considerable better.
Side View
This week we also worked on adding the femur to our drawings. For my gesture drawings i thing i need to learn to quicken my pace as i sometimes fail to get to this part of the drawing. However we also worked on a longer pose this week. We had an hour long pose and which i really like having the opportunity to do so because it really allowed me to study the things that i don't really get the opportunity to do so in my gesture drawings. One thing that i found difficult with the hour long pose was that after break the some of the things shifted in my picture so i found myself attempting to fix these things longer then i probably should have.
Well, hopefully next week progression will only continue and i can learn to quicken my pace in the gesture drawings. 
Back view

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you when you say that, during the hour long pose, was difficult when we came back after break. I realize that the model needs that time to stretch so we couldn't do anything about it. I did like doing the hour long pose. It was something different, but still comfortable after getting over the slight fear of impressing our teacher.
    I think the front view of the pelvis is where I struggle with too.. the deep "u" shape is what gets me started, but after that.. I'm kinda lost. I hope we learn to put in more of the leg muscles next/this week.

    ReplyDelete