Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 2 and it ends with a little green and yellow.

Hello again,

First off I just have to say GO PACKERS! I'm sure by now you know that they have won the super bowl. So, being a Wisconsin girl I'm pretty thrilled about the victory tonight. 

Beginning to Build Eduardo's muscles. 
Now, as for this past week in life drawing we learned several things. This week we broke down our drawings into specific areas of the body. In this process we continued to work on our contour drawings but this time we only worked on creating parts of the spine. Something important we could take from this lesson is that everything starts here.  Other things we learned were that some of the curves in the spine such as the primary curves, which include the thoracic and sacral, stay the same. Where as such parts of the spine as the cervical & lumbar counter balance the primary curves depending on what the model is doing.
Muscle Progression

We also starting learning about muscles and were given our first assignment to start building some of the muscles in our body. This week we started to focus on the Spinal erectors. So far my skeleton, Eduardo, has only made it into the first part of the assignment. However, I can already tell that building these muscles will help to improve my understanding of the body as a whole. And of course having a better understanding of the body will also allow me to hopefully be able to draw it better since it will allow me to see things on another level.


- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment