Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 4 was a short week but full of support for our educators.

This week was a short week for us. With the happenings in Wisconsin we took some time out of our class period to go support our public workers, which include our teachers. They put so much time and effort into making sure that we receive a good education that I am so glad that we were given the opportunity to make our voice heard for them. I can only hope that the future of education in Wisconsin is protected and that our Governor reconsiders what he is asking of this select group of people.
In life drawing this week we did do some drawing allowing us to add onto our concepts we have already learned. The week we added on our pelvic region and hips. We discovered how this part of the body looks from each angle.  Personally I think I need to work on this a little more. We didn’t get to spend a lot of time on this region so I think being able to study it more will help me understand the curves of this area from each angle you look at it. 


2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on your drawing. It does look more so as a woman, but I think that is because the "egg" ribs are a little wide and the line down his stomach curves a little too much, making the breast look bigger like a female's. Otherwive, your pelvic lines are very good. I think with a little practice, you will have your drawings looking great. You have a good base understanding on how everything is shaped, just have to bang out the dents a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i really need to work on my understanding as well. I know Amy will push these basic concepts more and more to make sure we understand and are able to build off of them to create more complex and complete drawings.

    ReplyDelete